Research associatePhone: 091 820 0385/0369
Email: andrea -dot- rinaldi -at- ior -dot- usi -dot- ch
My primary research interest consists in identification of novel genes as a possible therapeutic targets in lymphomas. I’m currently working with the Affymetrix GeneChip to perform global transcript analysis and genome-wide DNA profiling. In particular, I am studying the role of Syk tyrosine kinase in lymphomas. At the present time I’m involved in understanding differences in gene expression in clinical trials.
- May 2003- present Senior biologist at the Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Bellinzona, Switzerland.
- September 2002 - May 2003 Visiting Scientist at the Dept. of Haematology, Barts and The London School of Medicine, London, UK.
- May 2000 - May 2003 Research Fellowship from the “Città della Speranza” Foundation , laboratory for Pediatric Oncohaematology, Pediatrics Department, University of Padova, Padova Italy.
- September 1999 - May 2000. Graduate Researcher at the Haematology Clinic, Clinica Pediatrica, University Hospital of Bari, Bari, Italy.
- 1999 Research Fellowship, Ministero della Sanità : intra-hospital ISDN Videonetwork for the study and care of congenital cardiopathies (ex art. 12 comma 2, lett. B del DLGS 502/92 Regione Puglia, Italy).
- 1998 Research Fellowship: Istituto Superiore di Sanità n.93/G/T66 with the project: “Mother-child health risks prevention factors”. Objectives: infection risk assessment at the UTIN (Unità Terapie Intensive Neonatali; newborn intensive therapy unit of the Azienda University Hospital of Foggia, Foggia, Italy).
- 1994-1999. Graduate student at the Immunology and cell biology laboratory Clinica Pediatrica. Bologna