The Molecular Oncology group directed by Prof. Alimonti at the – Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland (http://www.ior.iosi.ch) is seeking two Postdoctoral fellows.
Alimonti lab is interested in understanding how the tumor immune response regulates senescence activation or evasion in cancer. A major focus of the lab is the development of immunotherapeutic strategies for the clinic. We are looking for highly motivated researchers with a PhD or equivalent degree. Applicants with a strong background in senescence, signaling in cancer and tumor immunology are encouraged to apply. We offer excellent working conditions: a competitive salary, state-of-the art facilities and direct access to clinically relevant human samples from patients enrolled in international trials in prostate cancer.
Specific projects include:
- Screening and optimization of pro-senescence and senolytic compounds for cancer therapy
- Characterization of the role of the innate and adaptive immunity in senescent tumors
- Generation of new mouse model for prostate cancer
- Ph.D or M.D./Ph.D. (already obtained or soon to be)
- At least one first author publication in a relevant journal
- Highly motivated person with strong interest in research
- Experience using mouse models and/or generation of mouse model is highly desirable.
The IOR is affiliated to leading Swiss Universities and Research Centers and it is part of the Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland (IOSI) and the new Faculty of Medicine of USI. The IOR is located in Bellinzona very close to the Italian border and to Milan.
For inquiry regarding this job please contact Andrea Alimonti via E-mail: email@example.com
Complete applications, inclusive of curriculum vitae, two references, and short description of previous training and work experiences should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alimonti lab selected recent publications:
Di Mitri et al. Nature, 2014
Revandkar et.al Nature Communications 2016 in press
Khalathur et al. Nature Communications, 2015
Toso et al. Cell Reports, 2014
Alajati et al. Cell Reports, 2015
Alimonti et al. Nature Genet, 2010
Alimonti et al. JCI 2010