The Molecular Oncology group directed by Prof. Alimonti at the IOR- Institute of Oncology Research in Bellinzona, Switzerland (http://www.ior.iosi.ch) is seeking a Postdoctoral fellow
Alimonti lab is interested in understanding how the tumor immune response regulates senescence activation or evasion in cancer. A major focus of the lab is the development of immunotherapeutic strategies for the clinic. We are looking for highly motivated researchers with a PhD or equivalent degree. Applicants with a strong background in senescence, signaling in cancer and tumor immunology are encouraged to apply. We offer excellent working conditions: a competitive salary, state-of-the art facilities and direct access to clinically relevant human samples from patients enrolled in international trials in prostate cancer.
Specific projects include:
- Identification of genetic regulators of senescence with a focus on Pten-loss induced cellular senescence
2. Characterization of the role of the innate and adaptive immunity in senescent tumors
- Generation of new mouse models for prostate cancer
- Ph.D or M.D./Ph.D. (already obtained or soon to be)
- At least one first author publication in a relevant journal
- Highly-motivated person with strong interest in research
- Experience using mouse models and/or generation of mouse model is highly desirable.
The IOR is affiliated to leading Swiss Universities and Research Centers and it is part of the new Faculty of Medicine of Universita’ della Svizzera Italiana (USI). IOR shares common facilities with the Institute of Research in Biomedicine (IRB).
For inquiry regarding this job please contact Andrea Alimonti via E-mail: email@example.com
Complete applications with “PostDoc_Fellow_SEPT_AA2017” as subject, inclusive of curriculum vitae, two references, and short description of previous training and work experiences should be sent by mail to: Ornella Guerra (secretary). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: June 30th 2017. Starting date September 2017
Our selected recent publications:
Di Mitri et al. Nature, 2014
Revandkar et.al Nature Communications 2016
Khalatur et al. Nature Communications, 2015
Toso et al. Cell Reports, 2014
Alajati et al. Cell Reports, 2015
Alimonti et al. Nature Genet, 2010