The Experimental Hematology group at the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, headed by Dr. Davide Rossi, is seeking a BIO-INFORMATICIAN (100% employment contract) for the project entitled:
Integrative genomics-transcriptomics-proteomics to harness clonal evolution in leukemia.
The candidate must be highly motivated with a personal interest in translational studies.
The ideal candidate must possess bio-informatic experience in:
- Analysis of targeted resequencing, Whole Exon Sequencing, Whole Genome Sequencing and RNA-Seq experiments
- Developing bioinformatic tools to compile and analyze “big data”, including longitudinal assessment of combined mutational profiles, gene expression and phosphoproteomics
- Advanced medical statistics
- R programming
Candidates must have the ability to work on multiple projects, must be able to independently organize daily work as well as co-operate with other members of the research team.
The IOR Institute of Oncology Research is part of the Research Division of the Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland (IOSI), the comprehensive cancer center of the Ente Ospedaliero Cantonale (EOC). IOSI is one of the world referral centers for lymphomas. English is the official language. The salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Initial appointment: 1 year. Where: Bellinzona, the capital of Ticino, the scenic southern part of Switzerland. When: the position is available starting from September 2017
Applicants should submit by email:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with known techniques and publications list;
- Statement of their work interests (maximum one page)
- List of referees, with their email addresses;
Please send all documents, with “Bio-informatician_SEPT_DR2017” as subject, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 15.08.20217