The Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, is a rapidly evolving, leading research center in basic and translational cancer research in Europe. The aim of our research is to decode the mechanisms of cancer pathogenesis to develop innovative and rational-based avenues to fight cancer. Currently, five group leaders are working on hematopoietic malignancies and prostate cancer. As part of the Institute’s scientific strategy, a new group leader position will be opened to complement current research and bridge out to new research directions.
We are now seeking to fill this position with an outstanding individual.
At the next possible time the IOR is looking for a:
Group Leader Position in Cancer Biology and/or Therapy
The future group leader will establish research programs employing innovative approaches to investigate mechanisms of cancer development, evolution and therapy response.
Research directions may include, but are not limited to:
- Personalized cancer immunotherapy;
- Bioinformatic tools to track cancer cell evolution;
- Biological concepts towards new therapies;
- Mechanisms and prevention of steroid-hormone driven tumors (e.g. breast cancer).
- MD and/or PhD with outstanding record of productivity in cancer research;
- Original and innovative research program with high potential for transforming discoveries and/or successful cancer therapy development;
- Record to work in an interactive team and capability of team leadership.
- Working in an innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding in a brand-new research building;
- Access to a broad range of state-of-the-art core facilities with the neighboring Institute of Biomedical Research (IRB);
- Very competitive start-up and running package and personalized support;
- Strong connection with the local Oncology Institute that allows design and running of phase I-III studies;
- Teaching possibilities within the recently initiated Biomedical Faculty of the University of Southern Switzerland (USI).
More information about the Institute is available at http://ior.usi.ch
The IOR is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive digital application (including a single PDF file containing with a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, the names and contact details of three referees, a brief description (2 to 4 pages) of past achievements and a detailed description (max. 5 pages) of future research plans).
Deadline 30 November 2018.
For administrative questions, please contact Mrs. Ornella Guerra (email@example.com); for scientific and position-related questions please contact Prof. Franco Cavalli (firstname.lastname@example.org).