A PhD student position is available in the Tumor Biology and Experimental Therapeutics group headed by Prof. Carlo V. Catapano at the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR).
We are looking for young, highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates interested in pursuing a PhD in cancer biology and therapy working in an active and competitive research environment. Main projects will deal with:
- Epigenetic and transcriptional pathways sustaining stem-like tumor-initiating cells
- Metabolic reprogramming and mitochondrial plasticity in cancer
- Novel therapeutic and drug delivery strategies.
The successful candidate will work in a very collaborative work environment and taking advantage of the group’s highly multi-disciplinary approach. The IOR is a leading institution for basic and translational cancer research in Switzerland with state-of-the-art equipment and core facilities. The Institute has close collaborations and partnerships with the clinical cancer center, the Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland (IOSI), and is affiliated to the Università della Svizzera Italiana and the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences.
- Master degree in biology or related disciplines
- Knowledge and experience in cancer biology, molecular and cellular biology desirable
- Working experience with cell cultures and mouse models
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Deadline for application: November 30, 2020.
Applicants must submit by email to email@example.com (Subject line: CC_PHD2020):
- Curriculum vitae with training, working experience and publications
- List of three references with their email addresses
- Statement of research interest (maximum one page).