The Experimental Hematology group at the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, headed by Dr. Davide Rossi, is seeking a PHD-STUDENT for the data analysis of B-cell tumors.
The candidate must be highly motivated with a personal interest in translational studies. The ideal candidate must possess a MSc or equivalent degree and bioinformatic experience in:
- Analysis of targeted resequencing, Whole Exon/Genome Sequencing and RNA-Seq experiments. Knowledge of epigenomics data analysis is a plus (ATAC-seq, ChlP-seq)
- Develop bioinformatics tools to compile and analyze “big data”, including longitudinal assessment of combined mutational profiles, gene expression and phosphoproteomics
- Knowledge of basic machine learning for the integration of multi-omics data, assessment of validity and prediction accuracy of tools developed
- Good knowledge of R. Knowledge of SPSS and MATLAB is a plus
- Problem-solving to overcome technical challenges (including basic Linux operations)
- Ability to deliver comprehensive and clear visualization of the data analysed
Candidates must have the ability to work on multiple projects, must be able to independently organize daily work as well as co-operate with other members of the research team.
The IOR is affiliated to USI- Università della Svizzera italiana and other leading Swiss Universities and Research Centers. The IOR provides excellent core facilities and support structures.
English is the official language.
The salary will be according to the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) guidelines.
Where: Bellinzona, the capital of Ticino, the scenic southern part of Switzerland.
When: the position is available starting from February 2021.
Applicants should submit by email:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with known techniques and publications list;
- Statement of their work interests (maximum one page);
- List of at least two referees with their email addresses.
Please send all documents, with “PhD_Bioinformatics_DR2021” as subject, directly to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: 31.03.2021