The Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, is a rapidly evolving, leading center for basic and translational research in oncology in Europe. The aim of our research is to decode the mechanisms of cancer pathogenesis and develop innovative and rational-based avenues to fight cancer. Currently, the Institute hosts seven research groups working on lymphomas, hematopoietic malignancies, prostate and breast cancer. As part of the Institute’s scientific strategy, we are now searching outstanding scientists to fill a new group leader position that would complement our current programs and bridge out to new research directions.
We are looking for:
Group Leader in Cancer Biology and Therapy
The future group leader will establish research programs employing innovative approaches to investigate mechanisms of cancer development, evolution and therapy response in solid tumors (e.g. breast cancer).
Research directions may include, but are not limited to:
- Personalized cancer therapy, including cancer vaccines, cell therapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy
- Mechanisms and prevention of metastatic spread in cancer
- Biological concepts towards new therapies
- Innovative drug design and delivery
- MD and/or PhD with outstanding track record of productivity in cancer research
- Original and innovative research program with high potential for transforming discoveries and/or successful cancer therapy development
- Record to work in an interactive team and capability of team leadership
- Capability to attract competitive funding, like ERC starting grant, SNF professorship or equivalent
- Working in an innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding in a new research building
- Access to a broad range of state-of-the-art core facilities shared with the partner Institute of Biomedical Research (IRB)
- Competitive start-up, running package and personalized support
- Strong connection with the clinical partner Institute of oncology (IOSI) that allows design and running of clinical phase I-III studies
- The position will ensure at least the role as Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Biomedical Sciences at the Università della Svizzera italiana, USI, biomed.usi.ch
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive digital application including in a single PDF-file curriculum vitae, list of publications, names and contact details of three references, a brief description (max. 2-4 pages) of past achievements, and a detailed description (max. 5 pages) of future research plans.
The IOR is striving to increase the overall proportion of women on its staff and thus expressly urges qualified women to apply.
Please send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications sent to different contacts, in other formats or after the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline June 30, 2021
More information about the Institute is available at www.ior.usi.ch
For scientific and position-related questions please contact Prof. Franco Cavalli (email@example.com)
For administrative questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org