The Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, is a rapidly evolving, leading center for basic and translational research in oncology in Europe.
IOR is affiliated to the Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) and its Faculty of Biomedical Sciences, as well as to other leading Swiss Universities and Research Centers.
IOR provides excellent core facilities, highly competitive salary and supported structures, including automated microscopy systems, FACS scan and sorting facility, next generation sequence and animal facilities. The Institute is going to move shortly in an innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating surrounding, in a new research building.
Aim of our research is to decode the mechanisms of cancer pathogenesis and develop innovative and rational-based avenues to fight cancer. Currently, the Institute hosts seven research groups working on lymphomas, hematopoietic malignancies, prostate and breast cancer.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic
interested in working in a very active environment at competitive projects in the Experimental Hematology Group Directed by Prof. Davide Rossi.
The successful candidate will be working in a highly collaborative work environment, taking advantage of the group’s multi-disciplinary approach.
The Technician will support basic research for in-vivo lymphoma mouse model.
- BSc, LTK Module 1
- Personal interest in translational studies
- Highly collaborative and enthusiastic candidate, willing to learn new methods
- Candidate must have the ability to work on multiple projects, to independently organize daily work as well as to co-operate with other members of the research team
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience requested in: genetically modified animal handling; ex-vivo processing of organs, including biobanking of single cell-suspension and FFPE specimens