The Experimental Hematology group at the Institute of Oncology Research (IOR) in Bellinzona, Switzerland, headed by Dr. Davide Rossi, is seeking a LAB TECHNICIAN (100% employment contract) for the project entitled:
Molecular prediction of long term benefit from ibrutinib in high risk chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
The candidate must be highly motivated with a personal interest in leukemia research. The candidate must have knowledge of the molecular bases of B-cell lymphoid tumors, and their clinical implications.
The ideal candidate must possess laboratory experience in:
- Collection and extraction of plasma cell free DNA (cfDNA) and genomic DNA, and tissue-banking;
- Sanger sequencing;
- Amplicon-based and shotgun library preparation protocols from plasma cfDNA and genomic DNA for NGS;
- NGS on the Illumina platform;
- programs for read deduplication, mapping, quality filtering, coverage calculation and variant calling.
Candidates must have the ability to work on multiple projects, must be able to independently organize daily work as well as co-operate with other members of the research team.
The IOR Institute of Oncology Research is part of the Research Division of the Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland (IOSI), the comprehensive cancer center of the Ente Ospedaliero Cantonale (EOC). IOSI is one of the world referral centers for lymphomas.
English is the official language. The salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Initial appointment: 1 year.
Where: Bellinzona, the capital of Ticino, the scenic southern part of Switzerland.
When: the position is available starting from January 2017
Applicants should submit by email:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with known techniques and publications list;
- Statement of their work interests (maximum one page)
- List of referees, with their email addresses;
Please send all documents, with “Labtech_GEN_DR2017” as subject, directly to email@example.com
Deadline for application: November 11th