Contact: Luciano Cascione, PhD
The Bioinformatics Core Unit supports the research groups with computational and statistical services. Importantly, more than just a supporting role, we proactively identify and develop novel bioinformatics projects that can complement and in many cases drive our biologic research. We develop innovative data analysis tools, visualization software and database resources for genomics research in collaboration with the Dalle Molle Institute of Artificial Intelligence (IDSIA) and the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB).
MembersAlberto Arribas Carmena, PhD
Luciano Cascione, PhD
Nicolas Delaleu, PhD
- Statistical analysis of high-throughput genomics data.
- Analysis of next-generation sequencing data.
- Data integration and functional analysis at systems biology level.
- Identification of pharmacogenomic biomarkers of drug response.
- Statistical software: Partek Genomics Suite, Bioconductor.
- Big memory compute servers: 16-core 64GB, 8-core 128GB + 4GPU.
- Linux computing clusters at IDSIA.
- Computing resources at the Swiss National Supercomputing Center (on demand).
We have developed several tools that are freely available: