The primary function of the Histopathology Facility is to serve as a research resource for processing and evaluation of tissue specimens derived from experimental protocols carried out by staff investigators. Projects involve experimental tumor models and clinical specimens that require histological and/or cytological evaluation.
We provide technical assistance and training for:
- Tissue processing and sample preparation,
- Tissue fixation and embedding in paraffin and OCT
- Section cutting and cryosections,
- Detection of protein expression by immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence,
- Detection of common markers like Ki-67, PCNA, p-histone H3, cleaved caspase-3, BrdU and TUNEL assay.
- Zeiss Primo Star wide-field microscope,
- Zeiss SteREO Discovery.v8 advanced modular stereomicroscope,
- PALM MicroBeam System for laser microdissection and microablation of cells and tissue fragments.